Time to Play Catch Up!


Well, it isn't Friday, but I'm trying to catch up to all the other blog-posters at kellyskornerblog.com.  A few weeks ago she profiled dining rooms, so here we go! My dining room isn't super big, so this will be short...

Here is the view looking in.  You can clearly see I love a good seashell theme :)  My dining room isn't so much a space for eating, as it is a space for displaying things.  I have only used this table for actual dining activity about 5 times.  Seriously.  I kind of think I need to paint that wall, because my white framed shell prints don't show up that well - color suggestions?  The kitchen is blue, so I don't think I can go with blue.  Hmmmmm...... 


I'm not gonna lie...every single thing on this table is from my mother-ship, also know as the Pottery Barn.  Oh, except the seashell coated balls, they're from Crate and Barrel.  However, every single thing on the table was ON SALE at the PB - the only way to shop there really :)


I love all the stuff in the middle.  There is nothing like a fantastic center piece!

How cute are those napkin rings?  The little charms are a sea horse, and two seashells.  I am also a big fan of the place card holders - anchors!  You know, for all the fabulous dinner parties I have...everyone has to know where they're sitting.  Oh wait, I don't have people over, and as stated before, I don't use the table.  Oh well, who cares?  They're cute :)


Everyone gets a little blue tea light candle too - just to break up all the tan and cream colored stuff. Plus I need them to hold down all the netting!  This is the view from the backside, looking into the living room.  


And the view coming in from the living room...


Well, just to remain consistent every time I post a room in my homestead - let's check out the Christmas version!  Again, 100% PB - I think I have a problem.  Every year they sell this reindeer china collection, and every year I seem to find a new piece that I "need."


Each piece has one of the 8 reindeer on it, depicted as a super cute cartoon :)  I love the pretty silver rim on each piece, and all the silver accessories to match. What do you know?  More place card holders. This last year I added confetti sprinkled throughout the display, in the shape of little presents!  I lied, not all from PB.  The confetti is courtesy of Pier One, and the red chargers came from WalMart for like $2 each!

The table gets pushed up against the wall during December, to make room for the Christmas tree in the corner of the dining room.  Therefor, the "center piece" kind of ends up as a "corner piece." But none the less, I still like to make it grand! Next year I think I need to look for something to hang on the wall.  The sea shell prints don't quite mesh with Rudolph, and I'm running out of surface area for the 2009 addition to the collection!  


Stay tuned - more tour to come!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Dad says you only have four places at your table, and one of them is you. How lost could people get??? You probably don't need place card holders. :)

laurie coleman photography said...

I'm thinking some sort of oatmeal color to keep things light and "ocean like." Enough to make the pictures pop a little, but light enough to keep it airy. Maybe like the big candle color on your table. Hmmmm, but I don't know if that color goes with zebra print . . .

laurie coleman photography said...

sorry, this is Laurie. My dumb screen name. One day I'll figure out how to fix it. . .

Anonymous said...

I really like "Chocolate" from Restoration Hardware. It's in my guest bath. At first I though it was too dark but now I wish I'd used it more throughout my condo. I think it would really make the prints pop. Either way, your place is gorgeous!

-- Sarah