Time to wrap it up already!

So, three weeks later, I'm ready to finish my post on Mexico. Working in retail in December doesn't give me a lot of free time, unless it is snowing in Seattle and they close the mall early!! So currently, I am NOT working, and I'm snuggled up in my favorite big chair, watching movies and blogging.  WAY more fun that dealing with Christmas shoppers.

On the night of my birthday, after more basking in the sun during the day, we got all fancied up and headed out for a nice dinner. He we are stopping for a photo-op in the lobby of our hotel :)


We made a pit stop to see the amazing cliff divers - an event that had been recommended to us by so many people throughout the week.  Seriously - who just decided one day to climb this insane rock wall and plummet into the ocean for sport?  And at night none the less?  Plus these boys look like they are all of 14. School by day, diver by night - totally impressive!

Here they go climbing up....

All positioned and ready to go...

Look close and you can see him spinning...

Then open wide for a smooth landing!

Phew!  After watching the impressive boys, it was onto dinner.  We found a charming local open-air restaurant called "Linda Vista."  We got an awesome table, and were able to enjoy our dinner over-looking the amazing coast line at night.  I think the most awkward moment I had was when the waiters brought me a yummy dessert, made me wear a sombrero, sang to me, and all lined up to give me Birthday hugs.  Now, those who know me know I do not love hugs, and let's review that even though it was nighttime, it was still about 95 degrees.  Ummm yeah - hugs.  Sweaty waiter hugs.  One after another.  Yuck.  

Check out how they spelled my name - too cute!

Uncomfortable, party of one.  Look at my face.


On a more enjoyable note, about halfway through our dinner, someone started shooting off fireworks on the beach below us - they must have known it was my Birthday!  

Our beautiful view...


Happy Birthday to me!

Overall the trip was fantastic.  Thank you Sarah for the invitation, and thanks Christy and Medley for making the week of my 27th Birthday very memorable.  You guys are the best :)  I want to go back right now - it is officially 25 degrees and snowing! These pictures are much more appealing than the one out my window....


2 comments:

Heather Ling said...

Maybe they just didn't know if it was Lindsay with an A or an E, so they just left out that letter entirely. :)

Hey, I saw cliff divers in Puerto Vallarta, too! And they, also, looked about 14. Maybe even 10?

Christmas shopping is too crazy. That's why I've been shopping online and waiting for free shipping! Now I just have to hope that it all shows up in time........

Anonymous said...

I wish they closed down Alderwood too. It is too crazy there! People are hardcore shoppers despite this weather.