As of late...

Time for an update on my life!  We'll start back in August...
Christy, Sarah and I went to "Movies in the Park" at Marymoor Park in Redmond.  What a fun activity! This is a giant park in Redmond, near Microsoft, and they show movies for free every Wednesday during the summer. The week that we went they showed "Hairspray" - which is another of my favorite things. The night was perfect - not too hot or cold, and we had subway sandwiches and red licorice while swooning over Zac Efron:)  Good Morning Baltimore!

A few of us also went to a Seahawks game on the 29th - which was so great.  One of my favorite things about living in a big city are the opportunities to do "big city things."  I don't know how else to describe it - but I've never lived anywhere with so much stuff to do before. The Seahawks won 23-16, and apparently can't remember how they did that and repeat a victory:(  Who knew I was such a football fan?  I even bought a sweatshirt to root for the team in. Also - stadium food rocks...I had the greasiest pizza on the planet for like $13.  




We seem to have lucked into a string of last minute amazing weather before the fall moves in. Last Sunday a few of us went to brunch at Salty's - a restaurant right on the beach in West Seattle. Below you can see the view we had out the windows behind us.  Not the best picture - but the view was incredible.  It was a regular eating marathon, about three hours of eating/digesting/eating/digesting.  They had the best seafood, omlets, pasta, pancakes, waffles, chocolate fondue, desserts, and the list goes on and on.  It was definitely necessary to walk of our lunch, and a long stroll on the beach was just the cure.  Wahoo for sunshine!  If only it would last longer...




This weekend Camille was here.  She is the best to hang out with because we love to do the same things.  There doesn't always have to be an agenda, and I love that she makes me slow down and go with the flow.  We had a relaxing weekend - Saturday we went shopping (weird I know) and to see not 1 but 2 movies.  The Dark Knight in IMAX was fantastic and the sound system made my insides shake:)  Today was breakfast at noon, followed by a car-washing session and 2 movies at home.  Oh yeah, what would a weekend with Camille be without hair??  Thanks Carla for always making me feel cute in the hair department.  Side note - Camille and I always get asked if we are sisters.  I think we should start keeping track of how many people pose this question.  Seriously like a million times so far.  Saturday night at "Cactus" our cute waiter Gabriel was convinced...do you see it??


This week I'm taking some time off of work - but not going anywhere.  My Mom is coming on Tuesday and I can't wait!  We may do some painting in the condo, take a ferry boat ride somewhere, and Friday we're going to see Carrie Underwood at the State Fair!  I can hardly wait for corn on the cob, funnel cake, and carmel covered apples:)  Seems like a lot of this blog post is about food...hmmmmm.  It will be my first time at the Puyallup Fair (yeah - try to pronounce that) - but I hear it is great.  Stay tuned.




2 comments:

laurie coleman photography said...

I'm all about food too. Dustin and I never really go do anything. We just go eat somewhere. Do they have nachos at the fair? Yummy-gooey, cheesyness. You and Camille should be sisters. You're both sarcastically funny and so fun and cute!

Heather Ling said...

FIRST TIME at the Puyallup??? Seriously?? WOW I had no idea! You'll have a fantastical time, there. :)
I'm trying to make Mike get Friday off so we can go then, too! Definitely need a break from cleaning at home!