What I Wore, Easter Edition!

Here is a recent ensemble that I'm pretty pumped about. I'd like to call it "Make-shift Easter dress/oddly sporting black/LC copycat." And just to clarify, don't confuse me for the boney skeleton wearing the dress. Someday I will take your advice (hi Alicia!) and post photos of myself wearing all these looks, but not this day. For now you'll have to settle for the waif-like model instead.

This Urban Outfitters sundress nearly leaped off the rack towards me a few weeks ago. Odd - because the colors aren't those I usually gravitate towards (black is NOT a color of the rainbow). However, I loved shape of this little number. Anytime you can cinch the waist = good. Plus, the ruching and graphic print helped create visual interest on my otherwise least favorite drab "color".


I topped it with my Gap blazer, which is similar to this one modeled here by LC. I made sure to scrunch/cuff my sleeves too. A few "tweaks" to the styling of your blazer is critical to avoid looking like Murphy Brown circa 1984.


Nude Nine West peep-toe Slingbacks. Why? Well, frankly I'd had enough black, and these shoes make my legs look a mile long. We all know I need all the help I can get in that department. Vertically challenged, party of one.

My hair was in a high curled pony, again a' la LC. Pull the hair back loosely, ensure there's a bit of a poof up top, don't worry if it's slightly messy, wrap a piece of hair around the elastic to conceal it, secure with a bobby pin, and you're good to go.


Last but not least, an amazing statement earring in gold. When my hair is back, I love giving center stage to my ears (I know that is a weird statement) and these bad boys do the trick. Thank you Banana Republic for constantly having an amazing jewelry selection. You are single-handedly making me miss my employee discount of yesteryear.

2 comments:

Ryan and Alicia said...

LOVE!

Liane said...

I'm the opposite, I love black but now I'm starting to venture out into the color territory - I bought me some yellow stripe top, and orange color block blouse from the loft last month..