O Happy Day!

Group for Oscars Pictures, Images and Photos

It is OSCAR weekend people!  In a few days you will find me parked on the couch, tuned in to E! entertainment television, ready and waiting for the first dress to appear on the red carpet.  I can't wait! I know, I'm a little craz-o, but this is seriously one of my favorite days of the year.  One year I'm totally going to have a fabulous viewing party.  Want to come?  I think I'll send out real invitations, have fancy food and beverages, and make everyone dress up circa "1940s-old-Hollywood" style.  I love this awards show.  It is the mecca of all awards shows.  Everyone always looks so glamorous, and wouldn't it be cool if we could dress like that everyday?  I love dressing up, doing fancy hair and makeup, and wearing a new dress that you feel super excited about showing off.  Stay tuned for my full report. I'm predicting right now that one-shoulder dresses will be big, as well as dramatic lip color.  We'll see....here is my fave in an example.


In other news, I just finished a wonderful breakfast with Robyn at the Maltby cafe, this quaint little joint off in the country, about 30 minutes from here.  If you blink you'll miss it - but I highly recommend seeking it out.  And be prepared to roll to your car when you're done - I always leave there soooooo full.  In fact, I'm in a food coma as I type this, and think I'll move on to an afternoon nap:)

lion king musical Pictures, Images and Photos

Also, tonight I'm going to see "The Lion King" musical with 6 friends.  It is at the Paramount theater in Seattle, one of the most beautiful theaters I've ever been to.  I saw "Phantom" there, Kelly Clarkson, and Kathy Griffin.  They seem to hold a wide variety of events there - odd huh?  I'm really excited for tonight... never seen the musical, love all things Disney, and oh yeah....a reason to dress up!!!

1 comments:

Debbie said...

Next time I visit we'll have to go back to the Maltby cafe--and ride the ferry.
I'd come to your Oscar party but I'd have to get a new dress. An excuse to go shopping! Hooray!
Can't wait to hear all about the Lion King.