Miscellaneous Musings...

It has been a while, and there isn't a lot of super exciting stuff going on.  Just thought I'd update everyone on what has been happening, a few of my favorite new things, and some stuff I'm looking forward too :)

1.  I'm trying to become a runner.  I have this random desire as of late to train for some-sort of long distance run.  I think it first began with reading about Camille doing the same, and I was super impressed.  My pastor and his wife are runners, and they blog about all the beautiful trails around here that they go running on.  I love reading "Shape" magazine, and they've been doing several articles on interval training.  It was like everywhere I turned, there was something that put running on my brain. So, I'm giving it a shot.  The first week in I totally over did it.  My legs were jello, and my muscles were burning for like 3 days straight.  Lesson # 1 = pace yourself.  Don't try to be a superstar right off the bat :)

shoes, running, allergies Pictures, Images and Photos

2.  Spring is coming!  I feel it!  Last night coming up my stairs guess what I saw?  Little baby leaf buds on the big giant tree in front of my house.  I am so ready to shed the 17 layers I have to wear everyday. Coats, scarves, long sleeves - adios!  Especially since we have the cutest spring merchandise at work right now.  Spring has been around at the Gap since mid-January, and I'm ready for the weather outside to catch up with us.  I embraced my lifted spirits and wore a knee - length dress to church today with bare legs.  Brrrr.  But it sure is cute, I couldn't resist!  


3.  Lately I am loving having a full social calendar.  I really enjoy meeting up with friends after work, whether it be for dinner, a shopping trip, or an outing to the movies.  There is nothing like good friends and good conversation.  Today after church there were 10 of us at Rock Bottom Brewery in Bellevue, and last night it was dinner at Azul in Mill Creek followed by a movie.  I get to see and/or talk to my friends pretty much everyday, and I am so thankful for all of the great people in my life. Hooray for the ability to pick up and join whatever social events come up at the last minute!  The other day I actually had someone call me a "socialite."  Is that a good thing?  I'm gonna say yes :)

cheers Pictures, Images and Photos
  
4.  Who is an Amazing Race fan???? A new season starts tonight and I'm so excited! Definitely one of my favorite shows!  They will end the season in Maui, Hawaii (one of the best places on the planet), so I'm sure it will be a good season.  That is THE reality show I most want to be on.  I would probably compete with Matt.  He would be the one that would push me to give 110% and not give up - although I'm sure I would get frustrated and start an argument or two with him:)  I always like the brother and sister teams....I'm so glad Nick and Star won last season.  

amazing race Pictures, Images and Photos

5.  Danger!  Today at Target, somehow a bag of Cabury mini-eggs made their way into my cart.  I'm not sure how they got there, but I am sure if I'm not careful, I will eat the whole bag in one sitting. Special thanks to Lisa Handy who first got me addicted to these miniature little wonders - thanks a lot Lisa!  Each year at Easter time, I think of you often :)

Mini Cadbury Eggs Pictures, Images and Photos

7.  This is totally random and superficial, but I found a new blush that I absolutely love!!  The color is "coralista" by Benefit.  I am in love with the warm peach-y glow that it gives my skin, and the perfect bronze tint that it adds to my face.  I am a make-up fiend, and this is definitely one of the best things I've found in a while....

...and last but not least, in a few months I get to go to Palm Springs!  Probably my most exciting news! I've never been, and I hear it is amazing.  Sarah invited me to go to the "Stagecoach" festival with her family.  Country music and sunny weather??? Count me in!  It is a weekend long event of non-stop concerts from some of the best.  Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Reba, Miranda Lambert, Lady Antebellum, and the list goes on and on.  I can't wait!  

Perhaps by then I can bust out bare legs and not freeze to death :)

2 comments:

laurie coleman photography said...

Oh, I love your ramblings! You live a fun life with so many fun things! I want to run, too. Just a 5K though (that will be big for me). But you should find a training schedule on the internet. It will tell you exactly what to run each week up until the race so that you don't kill yourself. I don't want you to die of a serious case of burning muscles because then I wouldn't have your funniness to make me laugh anymmore.

Debbie said...

Spring is nowhere close to Utah. We had two feet of new snow last week.

It's nice to see that you have something from me in your personality. I, too, love to do things and go places with friends.