Ouch.

Just the other day, I went wondering through  the black hole known as Walmart.  I found numerous things that I didn't need per say, but somehow they ended up in my cart. Walmart is bad, but Target is worse...every time I go in, it is inevitable that I'm spending $80 before I get out. Anywho...the other day I found this:


I though to myself, "this might be fun - I am getting a little bored with my regular stint on the elliptical machine and need a little variety in my life."  When I put the DVD in on Monday night, I was assuming it would be a little cheesy - and I was proven right.  However, I was also assuming I might barely break a sweat, and be slightly amused, not exhausted.  I was proven wrong. What the???  Who knew Latin dancing could be such an intense workout??  No wonder those girls on the show look like that!  I was literally dripping sweat, and the next day could barely muster up enough muscle strength to walk down the stairs to my car for work.  Even pushing the gas pedal hurt a little bit.  It was totally fun - and I felt like I was that girl from Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights.  Did anyone see that movie?  Love it!  I'm totally inspired...oh, and now want to work out in a skirt:)  On another note, one month from today is when I go to Mexico for my Birthday!!  Good thing I'm prepping now to get my grove on!  Do you think I could look like those girls by then?  

2 comments:

laurie coleman photography said...

Sounds fun! Maybe you should post a video. I might be inspired to actually get up off the couch, stop watching dancing with the stars and actually start exercising a bit. I really enjoyed my social dance class in college. Maybe I should take another go at it. By the way, I'm jealous you're going to Mexico. What part are you going to again. Oh, and you better not be going with Camille, Erin, Brooke and Adrienne, because you guys already left me out of one beach trip before . . .

laurie coleman photography said...

Love the background . . . very cute!