Decisive's cousin...Indecisive

Well...I did it.  After 2 1/2 years of living in my cute little condo, I finally did it.  One would think I was talking something major - and I am...for me.  I painted:)  Eeeee!  

For those of you who don't know, decorating is like therapy for me.  I count down to the days when seasons change and I can clear off every surface in my house and start with a clean slate.  Spring, summer, fall and winter all have a designated Rubbermaid tote in my storage closet, and I can EASILY spend 10-12 hours switching out decor every few months.  I think my glee may come from the fact that my career involves wiping a slate clean and starting over about every 4-6 weeks...I simply can't live with things the same for a long time!  A picture frame here, and glass vase there...you name it and I've probably moved it recently.  So....you can imagine how hard it was to grasp putting something permanent on the walls of my home!  (I know, I know...you can always paint again, but believe me - moving a picture frame to make room for a vase takes WAY less time:)  I seriously asked everyone who came over for like 2 months prior to this what their opinion was...commitment-phobe anyone?  I clearly am not the best decision-maker on the planet.

So last week when my Mom was here, she was signed up to be my painting assistant, and was forced to help me.  You'll probably remember from previous posts that she gets enlisted to help with a project every time she comes, so I knew I had to capitalize on the situation.  I love my Mom for how patient she is with me.  We must have been at the Home Depot for 2 hours looking at swatch after swatch, holding them all under various types of light, and I had even brought pieces of decor with me to ensure a perfect coordinating color was chosen.  I went back and forth so much, having inner dialogue out loud in front of my Mom regarding, "what if this clashes, what if its too green/yellow/little-girl, what if it is too dark, what if it looks too busy, what if it looks too country?"  (not like country western, country like dusty blue and mauve-ish colors that look as if they belong on something toll-painted..you know, like a cow, a chicken or a duck...yuck.  I think it was that last one that gave her the biggest laugh.)  

After all is said and done, I love it!  The process was quick, thanks to my trusty helper, and I should not spend months and months contemplating changes like this in the future.  I think some color is just what the condo needed, and I'm feeling even more "at home" after adding some more personal touches to the walls:)  Now, I wonder how long it will be before I want to change it? Mom...when are you coming to visit next??

The office got a little warming-touch...


You can barely see...(remember, I was nervous) but the wall behind my bed is the most quaint shade of pink! 


And last but not least, my kitchen is blue! I love the pop of color against the white cabinets!  



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very very cute! I love what paint does for a room and a home! I totally understand being worried about the colors. Currently, Halle's room looks like Neopolitan ice cream because we went with to bright of a pink with the brown. We have bought some lighter pink (about 6 months ago) but it is still sitting in the garage waiting to be used!

Anonymous said...

I meant too...

Camille said...

Good Job Lindsay! I love the blue wall the best.

Hey when are you coming to the Couv? How about the weekend of Oct 10th?