Finally!



The map project is done!  My mom and I started weeks ago (see the tulip post....) and I've been working on this one step at a time ever since.  We started with a trip to Lowe's to buy particle board, and pieces of crown molding.  After cutting and attaching some cork tiles to the board, we had to glue the map down.  Staining the crown molding and the cute star squares for the corners was next, followed by wood glue one side at a time to finish everything off.  My favorite part was putting the push pins in the finished project tonight - one for every place I've been.  I ran out of pins!  Funny that I searched the longest for the pins out of all the supplies we needed.  My obsessive-decorater quality kicked in and I wanted them to be "cute."  The container store came to my rescue :)  I'm not driving back to Bellevue for more pins; thank goodness we have online shopping these days! Although this probably isn't the most fancy thing you all have seen, I'm pretty proud of it!  

4 comments:

Heather Ling said...

Travel enough?! What a cute project! You know... I work in Bellevue 2 nights a week. :)

Debbie said...

Yeah! It looks great. Glad it turned out like you'd hoped.

laurie coleman photography said...

You're very handy! I'm impressed! I think it's great you've been so many places.

the kings said...

Cute Linds! I am also impressed you have been so many places. If you want to add Green Bay Wisconsin to your map.....our door is always open.:)