Holy Tulips Batman!






A few weeks ago, my Mom came up for a visit.  We had six fun-filled days of activities that only a Mom could enjoy.  The first day she was here, as if anyone is surprised, we went shopping for like 10 hours - yikes.  We were on a mission to find a dress she could wear to my brother's wedding in July, and oddly, we found THE dress at the first store.  After a Saturday morning whole-in-the-wall-diner breakfast, we had at home haircuts (thanks Camille!) and spent the afternoon moving furniture.  Someone bought a chair for her bedroom and forgot to measure the doorway - yeah, it didn't fit through.  Our solution led to my most adventurous construction project ever - removing a door!  Matt would be so proud.  It really helped that we had Camille yelling "pivot" from the other room (does everyone remember that Friend's episode?) while we tried to put our best spacial relations skills to use.  Sunday we were off to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival.  The rows and rows of color were absolutely beautiful!  The Cannon Sure Shot was definitely in overdrive.  Our timing was perfect, due to the fact that is had SNOWED that morning - there was no traffic.  Even though it was freezing, the tulips braved the cold and all of our photography dreams came true.  Monday was craft day, and thanks to Mom, I am almost done framing a super cute antique map for the office - pictures to come later.  I bet my Mom loves that I save all my projects to do when she is visiting:)  Tuesday began with a trip to the dentist, followed by our standard trip to get manicures and pedicures from the cute oriental ladies.  "Very pretty color!"  Thanks for coming Mom.  Don't wait too long to come back - my list of projects can't get too long...and bring Dad.  He always remembers to measure everything:)

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I love all the things we do when I visit. Looking forward to pictures of the frame. It was a great trip. Can't wait til June. Your blog is good. (Are you sure there aren't some Lois Lane genes lying dormant in you?)

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, hun - your profile says you're male. Might want to fix that :)

the kings said...

Lindsay -

I am so glad to find your blog! You are such a fun girl. I am so glad we can keep in touch this way. These tulip pictures are amazing! My mom just came for a visit too, isn't it the best. There are always tears when she has to leave. I'm glad you guys had a good time!

- Kelly

Adrienne said...

Yah for Lindsay's blog! I knew you'd get one eventually! I'm excited to read all about your adventures and contruction projects in Seattle! Woohoo!!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

hey - mom/daughter visits are the best! i'm finally getting to view your blog - and from where you might ask??? well, let me tell you.....from meredith's computer while i'm in nacogdoches visiting her!

and with one word from you (pivot!) i can picture an entire episode of friends and start laughing all over again!

Camille said...

Pivot!