What I Wore, Theater Edition!


Last Friday night, a few of my friends and I went to see "Mary Poppins" - the musical. It was a fun evening out at the theater, and I would definitely recommend seeing the show because of all of the entertaining dance numbers! I was motivated to get a bit dressed up and wear some dancing shoes of my own too. My accessories weren't nearly as impressive as Mary's though....remember how her handbag could hold a lamp? Show off.

Today's post is my first venture into photographs of my actual self wearing the discussed ensemble. These were taken about 4 seconds before I fell into bed, so no judging my photography skills. Also - pay no attention to my messy room. The yellow cardigan in the background was ditched at the last second for the red one instead :)


This is a new sundress from American Eagle - on sale for $25! I fell in love with the grey floral, and the shape is uber-slimming because of that nipped-in waist.


Plus, the grey gave me an excuse to wear one of my favorite pieces of jewelry...my little elephant necklace! You'll RARELY see me in a short necklace - but something this cute can't be passed up while roaming through the J. Crew Outlet. $18, and worth every penny.



My red cardigan is from, where else? The Gap. Best part about it? The official color name is "killer tomato." I want that job. Creating color names in a cubicle somewhere has got to be a great way to spend your day.


Pretend the pink trim in the below photo is brown, and you've got a close up of my bag. Also from the Gap, circa 2006....clearly an oldie, but a goodie.


And last but not least, my fabulous purple wedges from Banana Republic. These were the first shoes I bought after moving to Seattle. I was a doe-eyed girl soaking up all the amazing shopping there was to offer in my new home in this "big city." Practical? No. Sentimental? Yes.


3 comments:

liane said...

yey! outfit post!
such a pretty dress =)

Ryan and Alicia said...

I like it! Your outfits always inspire me. Keep 'em coming!

Heather Ling said...

So... I'm jealous that you saw Mary Poppins! Glad to hear it's a great show though. :)
I totally remember that clutch! Didn't it also come in green? Totally loving that ensemble.