The 5-Step-Process to getting dressed....

Today's "5 Things Friday" is dedicated to the fact that living in the Pacific Northwest has conditioned me to dress one way. I know you've read in previous blogs that "I'm on a dress kick these days" or "I'm loving these heels" etc., but lets' be honest. More often than not, this is the way I dress myself in the AM. It is cold here, and rains 99.9% of the time. As I type, it is July 2nd and it is 57 degrees and raining outside - so a girl has to remain covered and cozy. (This way of dressing has also led to the fact that I regularly channel Casper the friendly ghost with my skin tone). Nice and simple, some would say boring, and yet I manage to maintain some sense of creativity through my use of crazy color everyday. Black schmack - who dresses in black? Not me. Spice it up people! I have to use color to remain interesting since I basically wear the same 5 pieces everyday. Plus my surroundings are grey, so I've got to stand out some how :)

1. Jeans. Oh that's right, I worked at the Gap for 10 years. Right now I'm loving dark-wash skinnies, dark-wash boot-cuts, or medium-wash cropped boyfriends. Don't let these pictures fool you, I don't wear heels everyday. Aparently gap.com wants me to.


2. As I like to call it, an "underneath piece." This is where I try to get creative - texture, print, pattern, fabrication, etc. You can tell I am NOT having a creative day if I bust out a ribbed tank. Don't get me wrong though...I can get creative by layering 2 ribbed tanks in contrasting colors :) I may be single-handedly keeping the 2 for $15 Old Navy table going.




3. A layering piece. This is the grand-daddy of all my needs in good old Seattle. I'm a bit like an 87-year-old grandma, taking a layer with me everywhere I go. I don't think I've ever met a cardigan I didn't like. No joke - I own 39. I just went to my closet to count for all of you, my faithful blog readers. A hoodie serves as a decent substitution on days when I'm feeling lazy, however...

cardigans are love Pictures, Images and Photos

4. A fun shoe and bag combo that are NOT the same color. Matching shoes and bags are bleh. And that's right, I change the purse I carry everyday. Most of the time I choose a shoe and carry a bag in a contrasting color, or one item in the pair is a neutral: navy blue and yellow, green and purple, pink and brown, orange and gold, silver and red - the possiblities are endless! A few of my recent purchases...


5. Last but not least, an amazing piece of statement jewelry! My favorites lately are big earrings, long pendant necklaces, cocktail rings, and chunky watches. Not all worn at once - I don't want to leave the house looking like my jewelry box threw up on me. One, maybe two pieces, and I'm good. On another note, I can't get the font in this paragraph to change from blue to black - blast. Oh well, I'm over it. Blogger must know I love a pop of color!








0 comments: